Learn to sing and write songs directly from ARIA Award winning and ARIA-nominated industry working professionals and get your original compositions reviewed by professional Music Producers.
Become Who You Were Born To Be
Singing and Songwriting
Industry Certificate in
Warning: file_get_contents(https://talentcollege.info/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/swril-image.svg): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/customer/www/talentcollege.info/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jet-elements/includes/class-jet-elements-tools.php on line 241
The Stage is Set for the Next Big Star
Passionate about becoming a professional singer and/or songwriter? Ever dreamed about your own compositions getting professionally arranged and recorded, your own music reaching an audience, or even performing it live yourself? The Industry Certificate in Singing and Songwriting is setting the stage for you to achieve your dreams – taking you through every aspect of making your mark as an artist, producer or industry professional.
Access Leading Record Labels
Designed to equip you with genuine music career development outcomes, students who take this course will be awarded a unique opportunity: to have one of your original compositions reviewed by a working producer from one of many leading Australian record labels.
Learn From ARIA Winners and Nominees
Let this be the launching pad for your next chapter as an artist and performer. You’ll learn alongside other passionate emerging artists and be guided by a dynamic, self-guided online course with over 14 hours of expert video, student forums and expert guidance to build industry success.
Fast Track Your Music Career, From Home!
Unlike other certificate or degree programs that cost thousands and take years to complete, the Industry Certificate is highly practical and aims to set you up for sustained success, quickly. The course recognises your originality and unique style and gives you the tools to amplify what makes you great. It’s suitable for emerging and accomplished artists with some experience (amateur and professional) in writing and performing music.
The Course Outline
‘Industry Certificate in Singing and Songwriting’ is a digital certificate endorsed by Industry partners: Music Victoria, Clique Records, Sing It Out Australia and Michael Stangel Management.
The course is 15 weeks in duration but you have up to 12 months to complete the course with self-paced learning.
100% online with Live masterclasses, videos, learning forums and live online vocal classes included with course.
Start anytime. When you’re ready!
- Analysing Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Establishing Your Own Unique Brand and Sound (USP)
- Goal Setting and Vision Boards
- Performance Setlists (Brand Dependent)
- Basic Instrumental Training
- Importance of Music Theory
- Writing Principles and Use of Language (Lyrics)
- Crafting Themes and Ideas
- Melody and Chords
- Designing and Writing for Yourself, With Others, and For Others
- Understanding Standard Industry Practices and Splits
- Effective Collaborations that Boost Your Profile
- Toplining vs Arrangement vs Production
- How to Get Paid from Songwriting and Understanding Publishing
- Recording Your Own Material and Presenting Ideas
- Recording Equipment and Software
- Studio Etiquette
- Building Performance Sets for Events
- Marketing Yourself Effectively
- Dealing with Booking Agents, Getting Paid Gigs
- Live Equipment: The Basics
- Dealing with Clients
- Social Media
- Accounting and Invoicing
- Example of Basic Strategy: What To Do Next?
Additional recommended reading material:
- Tunesmith, Inside the Art of Songwriting by Jimmy Webb
- Simon Sinek, Start with Why
- Gordon Spearritt, Essential Music Theory Grade 1 and 2
- Manuscript Book
Recommended (but not essential) Equipment (if you don’t already have a mic or keyboard):
- Audio Technica, Cardioid Condenser USB Mic
- Worlde Panda Mini Portable 25-key USB Keyboard and Drum Pad
This course also comes with 10 X FREE Online Vocal Classes with one of our leading expert vocal instructors (normally valued at $650).
Make your choice of $25, $50 or $100 p/week on any of our flexible interest-free payment plans.
APRA AMCOS members receive a 10% discount on the course, even on our interest-free payment plans.
Upfront payments receive an immediate 20% discount on the Advanced Certificate in Singing and Songwriting.
Get a 100% Money Back Guarantee within the first five days of enrolment.
What can you expect to learn?
By committing to this course you can expect to emerge thoroughly prepared and empowered to build your career as a singer/songwriter or related industry professional. The sky’s the limit with where this course can launch you. The topics encompass a broad range of unique teachings you won’t find elsewhere, like: